We are looking for a competent Project Engineer to deliver EPC projects within the required safety, schedule, budget and quality constraints. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to get involved and lead exciting hydrogen technology projects thus making a strong contribution to a carbon zero future.
The person will report directly to the Engineering manager and the role is based at Ryze Hydrogen’s Oxford office.
The role – what you’ll be doing
- Manage end to end delivery cycle of multiple projects from technical solution development, risk assessment, detailed engineering, cost and schedule estimation, through to construction, commissioning and handover.
- Ensure projects meet agreed budget, schedule, safety and performance targets, and align with all applicable legislations.
- Assist the engineering manager in creating and implementing project processes and procedures.
- Lead major project reviews such as 3D Model Reviews and Hazard Studies with 3rd party partners if applicable.
- Maintain high performing working relationships with the customers, contractors, vendors and other members of the company such as commercial, finance, etc.
- Closely monitor and expedite the closure of the outstanding actions with appropriate parties and other members of the engineering team.
- Extensively promote Health and Safety awareness within the team and the company.
The candidate – about you
- BEng in Mechanical / Chemical / Electrical Engineering.
- Strong Project Engineering experience within a process or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project processes such as – project implementation, stakeholder management, procurement, cost management, quality management, etc.
- Experience of working with PED / PSSR.
- Experience of working on multiple projects together.
- Experience with industrial gases, preferably Hydrogen.
- Experience of working with MEGC / HRS.
- Understanding of BCGA codes of practices.
- Experience of AutoCAD.
The company – what we can offer
Ryze Hydrogen aims to attract and select high-calibre individuals. Join our team and look forward to:
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full-time permanent position.
- The position will be based out of Oxford, UK.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of the hydrogen economy.
- Opportunity to join a start-up business within the early stages of scale up.
- Part of a wider consortium of companies owned by hydrogen enthusiast Jo Bamford.
- Opportunity to develop multiple career pathways and accelerated development.
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues.
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- A seat within Jo Bamford’s vast consortium of hydrogen-based companies.
- Impactful work in delivering a low carbon future.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com