Ryze Hydrogen is a UK based hydrogen supply and refuelling company dedicated to delivering affordable and low carbon hydrogen for future mobility solutions and industrial applications. Ryze aspires to decarbonise transport by providing clean fuel for buses, trains, HGVs, shipping, and the automotive sector. To catalyse mass deployment of zero emission vehicles in Europe, Ryze will develop, establish and own the infrastructure for clean production, distribution and dispensing of hydrogen fuel. Ryze develops and supports large industrial gas users to move to hydrogen as an alternative energy solution. As one of the first commercial scale providers of green hydrogen, Ryze will offer a range of customer-centric services in the growing hydrogen economy, meeting environmental objectives and helping decarbonisation.
This position requires a Mechanical Engineer with strong background in mechanical design, report writing, performing and validating calculations, creating engineering standards, 3D modelling, project engineering, pressure equipment, industrial gases, etc.
The person will report directly to the Engineering manager and the role is based at Ryze Hydrogen’s Oxford office.
The role – what you’ll be doing
- Preparation of drawings and documentations for Ryze Hydrogen assets, for new projects.
- Carryout design calculations and check calculations done by partners ensuring full compliance with all relevant codes, standards and EHS requirements.
- To create engineering standards – specifications, operating procedures, RAMS, etc.
- To validate technical documentations prepared by Ryze Hydrogen’s partners.
- Provide technical support to internal and external technicians during installation, commissioning or modification of plants.
- Provide engineering support for procurement of MEGC and HRS – tender documents incl. stages such as FRI, RFP & RFQ as needed; Technical bid evaluation; etc.
- Ensuring quality compliance and approval of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Provide engineering support for operation function such as:
- Assist in organising on-going preventative and reactive maintenance of MEGC & HRS by leading technical discussions with 3rd party service providers, inspection bodies, original, manufacturers, etc.
- Liaise with Hydrogen suppliers regarding interface of MEGCs with dispensing facilities.
- Monitoring creation of new documentation / drawings adhering to established methods, standards, format.
The candidate – about you
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering, working towards chartership.
- Practical design experience within a process or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with 3D modelling.
- Experience of working with PED / PSSR.
- Experience of preparing engineering standards and documents.
- Experience of performing engineering calculations for pressure equipment.
- Experience with industrial gases, preferably Hydrogen.
- Experience of working with MEGC / HRS.
- Experience of Procurement processes.
- Experience of maintenance and inspections of pressure equipment.
- Understanding of BCGA codes of practices.
- Experience of FEA & CFD modelling.
The company – what we can offer
Ryze Hydrogen aims to attract and select high-calibre individuals. Join our team and look forward to:
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full-time permanent position.
- The position will be based out of Oxford, UK.
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of the development of the hydrogen economy.
- Opportunity to join a start-up business within the early stages of scale up.
- Part of a wider consortium of companies owned by hydrogen enthusiast Jo Bamford.
- Opportunity to develop multiple career pathways and accelerated development.
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues.
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment.
- A seat within Jo Bamford’s vast consortium of hydrogen-based companies.
- Impactful work in delivering a low carbon future.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter with your CV to email@example.com